February 4, 2015

Vertical Sleeve Week One Update


So today I am one week out and I currently weigh 309.3, that's a loss of about 6 pounds the first week which I have to say was kind of disappointing.   I've lost a total of 19.2 pounds since I started the liquid diet. 
 
I have already learned a lot and I am already confused.  Now that I am on day 7, I can eat more stuff but the problem is like every time I make food I eat like 3 bites and I'm full.  I've learned it's very hard to get all the water and protein in that you are supposed to get.  I have also learned that you have to figure out to keep your stomach from getting not only too full but also from getting too empty.  I also learned after awhile protein shakes taste like crap.  So I would rather get my protein from food which is almost impossible. 
 
I'm going to try a scrambled egg today and maybe some tuna.  It's the weirdest thing because sometimes you feel so hungry and then sometimes the thought of food just makes you sick.  Figuring out this new stomach will be an interesting journey. 
 
I still have moments when I mourn my old stomach, especially family dinners. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment