April 11, 2013

TED Talks

I was listening to this TED Talk and something just struck a nerve with me.  I know practicing gratitude leads to happiness.  I have seen that happen in my life but what I never thought about is that if we are never happy with the things we have accomplished, big or small, we are constantly telling ourselves we aren't good enough yet.  We are also setting ourselves up to be unhappy because we constantly raise the bar on our goals and make them unattainable.  This is so true in my quest to lose weight, if I lose 5 pounds in a week it isn't enough or if I lose 10 its great but I still have 100 left to go.  In order to be happy, which I believe leads to success, we have truly acknowledge our accomplishments, be proud of ourselves and just enjoy.  We have to stop thinking about the things we didn't accomplish. 

Just a little warning, this guy talks really fast. 


2 comments: