February 2, 2015

Day 6 So What Am I Eating?

I'm really not eating much at all.  I'm on the full liquid stage two, which means like creamy liquids.  Until today I haven't really worried about meeting my protein goals.
 
In the hospital they bring you clear liquids the first day, Jello, Popsicle, broth and decaf tea.  The first thing I tried after surgery was the Jello and I almost threw it right up.  So after that I didn't try food again for awhile.  I think they keep you in the hospital for two days so you don't get dehydrated, you get IV fluids.  I did eat a lot of ice chips because your throat hurts from the tubes and you are so dry and thirsty.  
 
Here's the breakdown
 
Wednesday, day of surgery, nothing but ice chips.
 
Thursday, popsicle, one bite of pudding, a few bites of  Cream of Wheat and ice chips.
 
Friday, I came home from the hospital and I had some sugar free pudding and sugar free popsicles. 
 
Saturday, I had Cream of Wheat about 10 bites, sugar free pudding  and popsicles.
 
Sunday, I tried to focus more getting my vitamins today and protein.  I did manage to get two vitamins down and I manage to eat a little bit of cream of chicken soup, pudding and Jello. 
 
So today Monday, I decided to mix vanilla Greek yogurt with orange cream protein powder.  It actually tasted good, contained 28 g of protein and I did manage to eat it all in about an hour.  However, I think I definitely ate too much. 
 
I'm going to really try to focus on getting my vitamins and protein intake for the day.
 
 

 
Gross picture of incisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment