October 14, 2014

Practicing Patience


I went to my first group meeting last Wednesday, which they make you do in order to have surgery.  It was a little helpful, I'm hoping we will eventually cover some useful nutritional information about per-op and post-op diet but mostly people talked about their personal eating habits.  I think I overeducated myself so I find these meeting kind of boring and not that useful.  The only useful thing I found out is they are currently scheduling surgeries out until end of January into February.  I was disappointed to find out I will have to wait that long.  I know it's a big decision but since I have been thinking and researching about this for such a long time I feel like I have already spent the time I needed to spend contemplating if this is the right decision for me.  I just need to keep reminding myself to practice patience. 

I have been eating way too much food.  I'm acting like I am never going to eat again or something which is crazy.  I'm miserable and my clothes are getting tight.  I have decided to get control over my eating and to start exercising again.  I need to feel better and in some weird way I feel like I need to be in the best shape I can be before I have surgery.  So it's time for me to stop eating like I'm having surgery next week or I will end up gaining another 50 pounds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment