August 8, 2013

Afraid of the Scale

So, I have been weighing in on Fridays which means I am weighing myself tomorrow, but I am afraid.  Ever since I stopped weighing myself everyday, I am afraid to get on the scale. I feel good.  I feel smaller. I have been eating pretty well except for a few to many beers on the weekend.  I have been exercising regularly but I could do more.  

The problem is if I get on the scale and don't see a good result I get depressed, I begin to feel like what is the point?  I don't want to get upset which will cause me to spiral into over eating.  However, I feel like the scale is important, I think knowing what I weigh is a good measurement of my progress.  It helps me know if what I am doing is working or not.  So I will weigh myself, hope for the best and try not to let the scale define me, just guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment