March 26, 2013

If at First You Don't Succeed.......

I was laying in bed last night thinking about my life.  How did I get here? Where do I want to be?  Then it hit me, didn't I start a weight loss blog last year?  Wasn't I so excited for a new beginning?  I was, but that excitement died, I gave up.  Like most people, I have been through a lot these past few years.  I have lost and regained about 40 pounds in the past 4 years and because of this I feel not only guilty but uncomfortable in my own body.  I feel weak in so many ways and I hate this feeling.  I have to change it it because it creates this emotionally and physically unhealthy cycle in my everyday life.

 I thought about deleting my old post from over a year ago but I wanted to remind myself that I don't want another year to go by without making changes.  I often think about weight loss surgery but it isn't the right option for me right now for various reasons.   

Such a large part of my life revolves around food, I love to cook, I love to entertain, I love to bake goodies for my children and friends but most of all I love to eat. 

My goal is to slowly change my cooking skills, habits and lifestyle into a more healthier, long term solution.

I find reading weight loss blogs not only inspirational but also helpful. I hope by having a place to record my journey, it will help me be accountable to myself and give me the motivation to succeed.

So here I go again on my own.......

No comments:

Post a Comment