February 11, 2015

VSG Week 2

 

So, here I am exactly two weeks ago today I was just coming out of surgery thankfully everything thing went very well.  It hasn't been easy but it hasn't been horrible either.  I thought I would make a list of the things I have learned so far which may hopefully help someone else.

Thing I have learned so far.....
  • I miss food, this is my number one problem.  I miss the ritual of eating with other people.  Eating dinner with family isn't the same, going out to dinner really stinks right now and cooking isn't fun when you can't eat the food you are making. 
  • I have had many moments of regret, I hope this changes over time.
  • Learning to eat all over again is so much harder then you can possibly imagine.
  • Popsicles are a girl's best friend.
  • Drink your water!
  • It is very hard to get 60 g of protein in a day when you can't even eat. 
  • Protein shakes get old very quickly.
  • Eat very, very, very slowly. 
  • Chew, chew, chew!
  • Don't weigh yourself everyday, it's frustrating.
  • Time does heal.
  • This is a journey that takes a lot of patience. 
I'm still pretty much eating full liquids, yogurt, pudding, Jello and Popsicles.  I have tried cheese, eggs and tuna and I have done alright with all of these but I have to take very small bites and eat very slow.  No matter what I eat I can't eat very much, maybe 2 ounces.  The key is to find the sweet spot where your stomach is not too empty or too full but the difference is about a spoonful of something. 


oh yeah and as of this morning I am down to 304.2, which means I am down 24.3 pounds since I started my pre-op liquid diet. 



No comments:

Post a Comment