April 9, 2013

Today....

I'm sitting here kind of sad. I stayed within my goal of 1200 calories yesterday and I was starving but proud of myself. Today, however, not so much. I woke up hungry, didn't plan my food and then I didn't get this position at work I was hoping to get, so I ate. I really ate, I had a candy bar and later a cupcake. Also, I skipped the gym, resulting in me feeling like crap, guilty and that I let myself down.

I'm sitting here wondering why I can't just be happy with who I am now? Why can't I accept my life the way it is and just live instead of obsessing about my weight? Then I realized it is because I don't feel comfortable in my own skin. I don't feel like myself. I know that sounds really weird but I don't feel like me.

I wish I was able to go out for happy hour after work and just enjoy myself but I can't because I am so self-conscience. I don't want to feel this way anymore. I don't want to miss out on life anymore because I feel so uncomfortable with who I am. I want to feel safe and secure with who I am.

I think if I focus on working out it will help me feel more connected to my body. It will help me appreciate my body and feel strong and healthy no matter what my weight. I feel like I need to find myself, figure out who I am from the outside in.

For some reason this photo just spoke to me today.






Inspirational Quote of the Day (Tue, 09 Apr 2013)

Change your thoughts and you change your world.

Norman Vincent Peale

3 comments:

  1. I've found that obsessing over the "why can't I's...." Are motivation killers. I've been trying to think more in terms of "I'm going to..."

    I'm going to be more physical today than I was yesterday.
    I'm going to incorporate a new veggie today.
    I'm going for a walk.
    I'm going to eat only what I brought with me to work.

    This doesn't mean those other thoughts are gone but their voices are getting smaller. They'll always be there but I'm learning how to shut them up.

    Don't be too hard on yourself. You stumbled but you did not fall. Just keep going. Last night I ate a candy bar. After I entered it into my trackers my first thought was "aw man, I'm going to have to clean the house AGAIN to balance out those calories." But I didn't beat myself up. I actually don't feel bad about it. I feel bad I wasted those calories on a candy bar that wasn't delicious but lesson learned. That is the first time that's happened. It's a new feeling for me.

    You want this bad enough, now you just have to believe you can do it. Focus on reaching the next pound and the good things you've accomplished, no matter how small you think they may be because they are significant to YOU. Little daily wins are just as important as big wins and deserve just as much praise.

    It was an off day. Shake it off, take a deep breath and keep pushing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Jen, thanks. You are so right. I have to change my thinking and remeber the small victories. You have given me some much needed inspiration, thank you.

      Delete
    2. I have faith in you!

      Delete