July 14, 2013

Hello July

Today's weight 318. Total lost 13 pounds since I stated this blog.

The scale is going down but very slowly.  I know I definitely ate and drank too much over the holiday week/weekend but I'm learning and not giving up.

I want to lose weight faster, with lasting results, and I think the only way to do that is to cut out carbs but it is so hard.   From everyone I talked too who lives a very low carb lifestyle they started by doing some sort of detox.  So I am going to try this.  I probably won't make the soup but days 1-6 seem doable.  Ha ha, I always say that until I actually start doing it.  I need to remind myself it is only 6 days. Everyone I talked to says once you get through that carb crash day 3 or 4 you are ok.  I want to just live a low carb/ low sugar lifestyle for the rest of my life.  I want to crave fruits and vegetables not sugar and bread.  




In addition to diet, I have been trying to keep better track of my calories burned and my exercise so in order to do so I bought the Body-media arm thing.  I am a numbers kind of girl and seeing input    versus output I think will help motivate me to eat less and move more.  

This was yesterday and In order to burn this many calories I did the stairs twice at work, two floors, walked a mile on break and did a 45 minute Jillian Michael's video, which is a lot for me in a day.  

2 comments:

  1. I know a lot of people that cutting carb works wonderfully for them. I'm not a fan of it because I hate restrictions I feel like if its off limits then I want in more.. I watched Chris Powell on the view and he was talking about it. He mentioned that cutting carbs is the fastest way to watch the scale go down because carb hold water so you lose more water weight(not fat). I found that completely interesting and maybe worth passing along! I love the layout of that app. I'm going to look into it, can you manually enter activity or do you have to have a bodymedia band?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked up Chris Powell plans and he has one where you eat low carb two days and then carbs on the third day and repeat this. That sounds like a doable and healthy plan I may try. You can't manually enter activities on the Body Media, it has Blue Toothe technology that sinks the data to your smart phone or tablet. They also have a cheaper model without wireless that you just plug into your computer too sink the data. I use My Fitness Pal to keep my food diary and that automatically connects with the Body Media. I really find the band helpful.

    ReplyDelete