April 29, 2013

Long Week

I had a really long week last week.  I wasn't feeling well but after a lot of test everything seems to be better now.  I have thyroid issues so I have to keep a close eye on my thyroid levels. 

Since I didn't feel well and I was a bit stressed out I didn't really concentrate on what I ate or exercise.  However, now that I am feeling feeling better I am ready to get back on track with watching my calories and exercising. 

I am really going to try and concentrate on food.  I want to pay attention to everything I eat and how it makes me feel.  I know I eat too much sugar and I know I am a sugar addict.  I was laying in bed last night wondering if I haven't felt good lately because of what I eat?  I need to think of food as fuel, not pleasure. 

This week my two main goals are to cut back on carbohydrates and processed sugars and see how my body reacts.  I really want to get in touch with my how I feel and what makes me feel strong, energized, not tired. 

Food Pyramid Photo

 I signed up for The Color Run.  It will be my first 5k, yeah, but I am a bit scared because right now I am doing about a 20 minute mile, ugh...not good but luckily I have 110 days, but who is counting?

No comments:

Post a Comment