April 26, 2016

Bariatric Eats


Let's talk about food.  Obviously, my eating has changed a lot over the past 15 months.  Right after having surgery you can barely eat, it's a struggle to just consume enough calories and liquids.  At this point I can eat pretty much anything.  Bread, rice and pasta are still difficult for me so I don't eat them very often.  I try to focus on protein, fruits and vegetables. 

One of my favorite snacks is cucumbers topped with feta cheese.  I mix the feta with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Himalayan salt and some seasoning, trust me it's delicious.   



I will make this often when I am working from home and add a piece of organic frozen fish, not the healthiest but an easy source of protein.  I can eat most of this but not all of it.



These are my current stats as of this morning.  I have lost a great deal of weight, my 15 year old son doesn't weigh as much as I have lost.  I don't know how I could have let myself get that big, I'm not even sure I felt that big but I was and I am grateful for this journey.


Me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment