May 6, 2014

Whole30- Day 1

So Day 1 was OK.  I'm not going to lie, sometimes it was hard and I really wanted a Diet Coke and a candy bar.  Just a little bit of chocolate is OK right?  No, I know it's not.  I really wasn't hungry though, just craving certain things. 

I did felt kind of bloated throughout the day which kind of surprised me, probably all the vegetables.  Also, I had a headache which I am sure is from the lack of caffeine.  I even woke up with a headache, a dull sort of headache.

The other problem I am having is figuring our what to eat.  I realized I am not a huge fan of vegetables or even protein which may be exactly why I am overweight. 

The Whole30 book suggest no snacking if you can, so basically 3 meals a day so I tried to follow that today.

Breakfast  -  Banana and mixed nuts

Lunch-  A big salad with chicken, vegetables and sunflower seeds with olive oil and balsamic vinegar as dressing.

Dinner- I forgot to take a picture but I baked salmon with just olive oil and some dried herbs.  I also had some steamed carrots. 

I may be eating too many nuts/seeds but at least I am following the plan.  Only 29 days to go.

My Diet Coke replacement.


No comments:

Post a Comment