January 3, 2012

What My Year Will Look Like

"Respect for food is a respect for life, for who we are and what we do."
-Thomas Keller

When I think about who I want to be and what I want my relationship with food to be I always come back to the same vision, I want to eat healthy, real, whole food.  I don't want to eat fast food nor do I want to feed it to my children, which I don't do very often.  I don't want to eat preservatives or junk food.  I want to be this person who reaches for fresh fruit and salads when they are hungry.  A person who eats their share of fruits and vegetables daily and loves it.  I think if I can get the processed sugars out of my system it will be easier for me to give the foods that are making me unhealthy.   
 
I love to cook and I know I can come up with tasty, healthy foods that will make my goals more attainable.  I want to buy local and organic food as much as possible this year.  I know it can be costly but I think if I can be creative it will be easier to do it as cost effective as possible.  
 
I also see myself as a person who enjoys exercise, strong and lean, hopefully even a runner someday.
 
Most importantly by the end of this year I see myself as a person who feels good about herself, strong and confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment